Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Real Life Crits

This post is about a month late. And it was supposed to only be a happy post, dammit, but, as they say, shit happens.

I'll start with the happy part of the post. Rock and I actually moved into our new home on January 14th. It took a tad longer than I expected to settle in (I was still unpacking boxes about two weeks later), but I think things are more or less in place. It does kind of suck that New England decided to have one of the heaviest snow seasons in memory. After hours that turned into days of snow shoveling, snow blower duty, roof raking, roof shoveling, ice sanding, etc., I am officially sick of winter. The downside being that it was a bad time to get a driveway, a roof, and an oil-burning furnace. The upside, of course, being that we have a house! :)

The absolute bitch of it being that I was laid off two days after closing. Yeah...

I don't necessarily want to get into it here. It was devastating for the first week but I've adjusted by now. I've had the house to keep me busy at least. Somewhere in between all the free time and the added responsibility I found the inner housewife that cleans the house every day, cooks and bakes new recipes at least three times a week, and watches hours of Buffy at a time. The job situation is on hold at the moment until my employment authorization kicks in (which may not happen until around May). Though I will start doing the resume polishing/job application thing this week.

Would be nice if winter could be over soon.

No comments: